Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Friday, 26 September 2014
This is the first story idea, using the time-period that the phrase 'Children should be seen and not heard' is often connected with, Victorians, as well as interpreting 'In the Laboratory' as in an alchemists Laboratory.
- Alchemist sat in the basement working with potions.
- Noises of two children above keep distracting him and cause him to spill a chemical and ruin his work.
- Frustrated, comes up with an idea to quieten the children by making a new potion that will turn them to stone.
- Creates new potion.
- Goes upstairs and gives the children the disguised potion.
- Alchemist carries on his work happily in the basement now the two children are silent.
Thursday, 25 September 2014
"In the Laboratory-"
"Children should be seen and not heard"
As a group, Hannah, Tom and I have discussed ideas regarding the animation in production and have drawn up some ideas and mood-boards to illustrate the design of the laboratory setting and the tagline itself. We have toyed with the idea of using a consistently interrupted Victorian alchemist as our leading character.
Here I have drawn up some designs of the set, camera shots and possible storyboard settings, however the idea is a work in progress.
Also included is a possible banner/logo idea (below).